Friday, October 24, 2014

Year of Change October Reveal {Tonic Living}

I've been so excited about this month's challenge...fabrics can liven up any space and I believe they are the life of the room. Your fabric selection says a lot about the tone you want to set for your space.  
This month all of the Year of Change designers are teaming up with the fabulous fabrics of Tonic Living!


I knew that I wanted to work with this fabric, Tonic Living's Malakos Malachite. 
I'm sort of a Malachite freak...I have a new weekly post, Malachite Monday.
Malachite Monday!!! Weekly series sharing everything MALACHITE!!! Join in and # and tag to have your inspiration and projects featured!
I had a really tough time deciding what to do with it though..because there were SO MANY POSSIBILITIES of what I could do with this fabric!!! 
I wanted to do this:
Malachite Wall Art – Verdigris - New
via
or this:
I can't seem to get enough malachite....these malachite drapes in a living room by Sally wheat are the best.
via
or this:
Good Bones Great Pieces, a love seat is a must!
via
but functionally for my space, I decided on using it as seating upholstery.
I have a cane back chair...maybe you remember this little baby...
It was in a high traffic area and was just being beaten up on a daily basis. It actually isn't a well constructed chair, just a vintage find that was damaged in our last move, which I put back together and re-caned.
But it was really not a high traffic chair.
I've been planning on moving it to my little blue jewel box LIBRARY READING ROOM, which has been undergoing a transformation for MONTHS and MONTHS. I do a project every once in a while and it is slowly coming together.



Did you see my Ikea Bookshelves Hack from back in August?
Powdery blues, bold greens, Ginger Jars...it sort of has a Chinoiserie feel that I'm going for. SO, I knew the Malachite fabric would be a stunning addition and would be the perfect seat fabric for my little cane back chair.
I painted the chair frame white, and dry brushed the cane.
Then I used the fabric to reupholster the seat, stapling only took about 10 minutes. I had enough left over to put a little piece in a frame above the chair. 











I updated the worn ball feet with a bit of Rub and Buff. 




I had enough left over to use a scrap in a frame above the chair. I LOVE framing fabric and this malachite is simply, STUNNING. 
These are now seriously some of my favorite things.
This is a really bold room, but this little grouping works so well over this chair...Mirror Frame with Malachite fabric, JCrew Blue and White Jewelry Holder and
My beloved teeny, original oil
from Hillary Butler Fine Art. 





Can you tell that I can't get enough of this fabric???!!!
 Tonic Living has an incredible fabric selection at jaw dropping prices. I've followed them on IG and have seen their fabrics and pillows used in other designer's work and I'm impressed by their ability to be on trend and in budget. I seriously can't wait to see what our crew does with our fabric selections this month!
Follow Tonic on instagram (@tonicliving) to see their behind the scenes showroom shots and how their fabrics can transform your space. 
Each month I am joined by my YoC regulars, so be sure to check their Tonic Projects out: 
Erin & Tricia of Suburban Bitches
Our guest designer this month is Krystine Edwards!
Krystine's style combines Southern Charm with a Contemporary Twist and I'm looking forward to seeing her fabric choices and how she uses them!!! Thank you for joining us this month, Krystine!
XO,


No comments:

Post a Comment