Monday, October 13, 2014

More Stuff I Want To Make {Don't Know Much About Geometry}

I've been itching to make a few more streamlined creations for quite some time now. 
I'm drawn to these incredible geometric sculptures and will be tackling DIYing them over the next month! Although they lean heavily towards Modern Design, you could incorporate these accessories within any style of room. I'm specifically making mine for upcoming Holiday Events and thought 
I'd share the projects that I've narrowed my GEO-QUEST down to. I start thinking Holiday now, in October, so that I actually have time to enjoy creating these DIYs.

Here's my hit list:
1. The Geometric (Himmeli Wreath)
Modern Christmas Ideas vintagerevivals.com
Geometric Himmeli Wreath
Vintage Revivals


...which was based on this
Large Copper Himmeli Wreath / Modern Geometric Wall by HRUSKAA, $235.00
via
and this...
http://i1.wp.com/decor8blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ChristmasTrends_wreath_7.jpg
via
...and this.
Large Himmeli Wreath / Modern Geometric Wall Sculpture by HRUSKAA, $100.00
via
2. Polygonal Wreath
(I'd make mine for my Holiday Project in gold, silver and icy metallics, I think.).
Edgy Decor | ... Modern Christmas Decor Addition is Edgy and Eye-Catching (GALLERY
via
3. Hemmeli Table Top Sculpture
(Personally, I wouldn't refer to this as an "orb", just saying. But I want to DIY this or come up with a sturdier version just the same).
via
4. Geometric Concrete Book End/Paperweight
This is underrated.  You may look at this and think, "Eh."
But this is fabulous. Follow the link for a really fantastic tutorial and then I think you'll agree that once you get the hang of making these little guys, you'll think of other ways maybe, to finish them. I'm thinking this would be a really sweet gift idea to make for those friends who have EVERYTHING...a gift card to a book store and this super cool book end/paperweight. 

DIY Geometric Concrete Paperweight | Design Sponge
via

5. 3-D Geometric Wall Sculpture
via
I'll be testing out and sharing the results of these DIYs over the next few weeks.
And if you happen to have tried any of these or any other geometric projects, please share comments and links below!
XO, 

No comments:

Post a Comment