Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out with the old? In with the new? Emerald and Radiant Orchid

Weekly Leather Desk Planner, Orchid - contemporary - desk accessories - Gallery Leather
It's time for Emerald Green to turn over it's Crown. I believe we will continue to see Emerald in all design areas, including clothing and decor. It is a classic. It will come and go but always be there. I don't think that it will be dated, say, if you've painted your hutch Emerald. I think it will stand the test of time.

That being said, I'm sure that you've heard (and I've mentioned it several times on my IG account, too) that Color Authority Pantone has selected "RADIANT ORCHID" to be the 2014 COLOR OF THE YEAR. Pantone drives trends in both fashion and decor. And they believe that this special hue of purple will be the 'it girl' of the year.

Pantone Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid


In the Pantone picture above, it is the BOTTOM color, the more bold color that is actually RADIANT ORCHID. It is more purple than magenta. More bold than lilac or lavender. It is a ROYAL purple.

2014 Color of the Year - eclectic - living room - Valorie Hart




I think "Radiant Orchid" is a bit of a surprise - to me- anyway. I was expecting them to choose a plum or a bold blue, so this orchid is an interesting pick. I'm not sure that many people could pull off a "RADIANT ORCHID" room or sofa, unless they are working with amazing architectural details, so I say, if you love it, "USE IT FOR PERSONAL ACCESSORIES"...jewelry, scarves and for accents in your home!!!
It is a gorgeous color.
just add peonies

What Do You Think Of Radiant Orchid?



It's a bold, happy color and we'll be seeing it ON everyone and I think in
Pillows
Rugs
Art
Image of Fly By Prints
And for the brave
What Do You Think Of Radiant Orchid?

What Do You Think Of Radiant Orchid?

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment