Thursday, September 12, 2013

Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Wreath and Front Door Decor

For the past couple of years I've used the same Halloween decorations, ones that were easy to make.
My favorite has been this Halloween Jack-O'-Lantern Wreath. 




The pictures above are from 2 years ago...and the pics below are from last year. Can you see a few changes, like the spray painted black urns below? And the change from stacked Cinderella Pumpkins to Mums and Pansies in my urns?



Anyway, this Halloween Jack-O'-Lantern Wreath is one of my favorites, it cost under $25 to make and it took me less than an hour from start to finish.


I used a straw wreath form, but if I were to make it again, I'd use a lighter weight styro-foam wreath form, which would also hold more of a perfectly round shape. 

Then I cut strips of fabric, in my case, black corduroy and black and white houndstooth corduroy.
I bought 1/4 yard of each and cut into 2 inch strips. Then wrapped the strips around the wreath to sort of 'color block' sections, using hot glue to hold the strips to the wreath form.

Next, I found this little guy on line (HAD TO FIND THE RIGHT JACK-O'LANTERN!), printed him out on card stock, Modge-Podge'd him up and sprinkled glitter all over him. Then, finally, I just hot glued him right onto my wreath.

I was inspired by this wreath from The Chickadee Shop, which I saw on Pinterest.
 I have seen others like it that have a price tag of $200!



 I am so glad that I came up with my own version and had such a fun time making it. 
And I'm ready to pull it out for the 3rd year of use!!!

What is your favorite Halloween Decoration that you've made?

4 comments:

  1. Love this wreath, Amy! The jack-o-lantern is the perfect amount of vintage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna!!! Hop back over to Freebie Friday tomorrow and you can see more of these Vintage Halloween Clip Art Printables!! :)

      Delete
  2. This wreath is SO pretty, Amy! I'm loving the houndstooth fabric and I LOVE that your have used the same wreath form for 3 years! I do the same thing. You have decorated your porch so lovely. Thanks for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop. Have a wonderful day!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. $200.00 wreath? OMG!! Who pays that? Your is much cuter :) Thank you so much for linking up your fall inspired wreath Get Your DIY On. I hope you'll join us tomorrow with your thrifty upcycle to link up!!

    ReplyDelete