Monday, September 16, 2013

Fall "Magpie" Wreath {10 min or less with embellishments I already had}



I wanted to make a transitional Fall Wreath, pretty much because I'm not ready to put up Halloween until October. I love September and Fall colors. So I didn't want to just rush into Halloween fun just yet.
I had 10 min and grabbed my burlap covered wreath form, my bag of ribbon scraps and my glue gun.





The result is a little "Magpie", a textural, quirky wreath sort of thrown together with items from my nest.  I combined a tweedy herringbone wired ribbon, gray and white stripes, a strip of chocolaty toile fabric, chocolate pom-pom trim and a few other ribbons. I also added a few book page embellishments: a flower and some leaves. It is maybe a little too outside the box- but I love it.
And I loved the few minutes that I was able to just CREATE.
It will be up until Oct 1st, when Black, Orange and White take over for the month!
XXXOOO.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wreath, love all of the textures and combination of elements.

    ReplyDelete