Friday, February 8, 2013

Cafe Rio Salad

I LOVE Cafe Rio. In particular, their Pulled Pork Salad. For those of you on the East Coast, Cafe Rio is an authentic Mexican Restaurant and it is to die for.  There are a TON of copy cat recipes on line...but I've tried several AND THIS ONE IS THE BEST. I've made it about 5 times and have never had any problems. It is a bit of work to make the cilantro lime rice, the black beans, the green ranch dressing, but it is SO GOOD. I'll be making it this weekend.
Copy Cat Cafe Rio Salad from Fav Family Recipes
The Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans are SO GOOD.

I always skip the tomatillos and jalepenos in the dressing. Turns out just right for me and my family. 

For the main recipe, go to Fav Family Recipes and there will be links to all of her rice, bean, dressing, guac recipes. And for the pulled pork, use REAL COCA COLA...I tried using Dr. Pepper and it was way TOO SWEET.
SO WORTH IT!
XXXOOO.

2 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds sooo yummy! I pinned it and can't wait to try it out on my family. We all love Mexican food. What sane person doesn't? ;) Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Julie! It is super yummy. It is a bit of work, but if it's a hit with the fam, which it is with mine, you'll get it down faster which each time you make it. The dressing is KILLER. Let me know what you think if you try it!XXXOOO.

      Delete