Friday, December 21, 2012

Rustic Christmas

How do you define your style? Here are some 'stand out' examples of what I'd call RUSTIC CHRISTMAS.
Rustic, to me, is defined by use of natural elements, found and re-purposed elements that are sort of a minimalist approach to what was called 'country' decorating about 10+ years ago. The current RUSTIC trend is country refined and simplified, focusing more on the use of 2 or 3 elements and minimal colors and textures. I've always loved Rustic elements in a room. Although I've never lived in a home that I thought could support an entire RUSTIC look, I have always had rustic pieces scattered here and there in my home...especially around Christmas for some reason. The simplicity of the rustic looks seems to marry well with classic Christmas motifs. Not to mention, that if you have a live Christmas tree, you could say that you have the most essential element  to RUSTIC CHRISTMAS decor.  Here are my favs.

The Look: RUSTIC CHRISTMAS


rustic christmas

Plain and simple rustic Christmas

Christmas...in an old box....

moss...

rustic Christmas centerpiece


I have an old sled up in my rafters that would be perfect for this - maybe the family name instead of a house number though.

Rustic Christmas wreath

rustic Christmas

rustic christmas

Think I'll make one of these for next year. pallet or wood board christmas tree, and hanging simple lights from it. rustic.

Simple, rustic Christmas mantel.

Rustic

rustic Christmas star for the mantle!

rustic christmas

Christmas tree with rustic, chipped paint snow skis...

Christmas mason jar decoration: Leaves, cranberries (they float!), and a floating candle. Rustic and simple! i love this!!!





rustic tray filled with Christmas

Pinned Image

{ Come back tomorrow for my favorite MODERN, CONTEMPORARY and STREAMLINED CHRISTMAS favorites!}
XXXOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment